Monday 30 July 2012

THE HUMAN NATURE AND ETERNAL OBLIVION

Isaac Asimov said, "When I die I won't go to heaven or hell, there will just be nothingness."

Oblivion, or eternal oblivion, is the philosophical concept that the individual self experiences a state of permanent unconsciousness after death. Belief in oblivion contradicts beliefs that there is an afterlife, such as a heaven, purgatory or hell, after death. The belief in "eternal oblivion" stems from the idea that the brain creates the mind; therefore, when the brain dies, the mind ceases to exist. Some reporters describe this state as "nothingness".


Many people who believe in an eternal oblivion, believe that the concept of an afterlife is scientifically impossible.

Ever had a doubt about a religion? Significantly your own religion, then and so join me in the quest of nothingness. Hold on, let me clarify my sense of reassurance in my this particular blog, I do not and dare not condemn a religion especially that which I do not understand or follow.

I believe we came out of nowhere, we have been always dead till we found this consciousness, a state we consume as our world. To prove this I ask myself, what would have happened if mother would have met a different man either than my father, he could have been impotent or a twin producing machine. What or who would I have been, obviously this me would not have consciously been a creation of God or a result from the Big Bang. Funny enough, if my parents would have not been wise and brave to thoroughly enjoy the forbidden apple, at the exact moment they chose or worse still after they have consumed each other and conceived my desperate soul, I could have been aborted, deemed a mistaken entity. Many times and for much accidental or other evil circumstances, many lives never taste the consciousness we are experiencing.

Mark Twain said, "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

By some sort of chance here we are, but the heart is so toughened and the brain purified to states of immortals, then what do we do but pure nothing, proving we came out of nothing and we shall taste nothing again.

Examples are;

Hatred for each other.

War, man looking through each other and sentencing men to an earlier preacher's doom, dust to dust or with ammunition, ashes to ashes.

Discrimination and inequality, believe there shall not be master or servant, racism, male or female, science or illiteracy, saints or sinners, good or evil where we came from and where festinating to, home sweet home.

Unconditional EVIL of all sorts, pure inhuman treatments forced onto fellow beings.

Ellen Johnson said, "The atheist accepts the reality that when you die, that is the end. That is it. Therefore when you're living, life is all we can ever know. We can't know death. Death is a nonsense word. So we have to do our part now to make this a better life for ourselves and for the rest of humanity and all of the life on this planet."

I see eternal oblivion no where near atheism, for even the concept of religion could possibly sound nothingness, why? For I see no man really is said to be originally belonging to a particular religion, a friend said to me. It took a long time for me to dissect that. Simply he meant, people are born and brainwashed into religion, people are influenced or forced into a particular religion by others or circumstances, or time, place or movement could help convert one into a particular religion and for this I respect every religion.

Susan Blackmore said, "It was just over thirty years ago that I had the dramatic out-of-body experience that convinced me of the reality of psychic phenomena and launched me on a crusade to show those closed-minded scientists that consciousness could reach beyond the body and that death was not the end. Just a few years of careful experiments changed all that. I found no psychic phenomena - only wishful thinking, self-deception, experimental error and, occasionally, fraud. I became a sceptic."

Before you unwrap yourself from this nothingness of a blog, let me take you through the last moments of a life. Have you ever been with the dying then you might be conscious of the moment we lose our consciousness and I will appreciate you a lot, if you could tell that the dying was ever so willing to let it go. Or did it sound like losing something eternally, maybe you have a special name for it, is it LAST BREADTH.

Benjamin Franklin writes about this in A Dissertation on Liberty and Necessity, Pleasure and Pain, stating, "In a sound Sleep sometimes, or in a Swoon, we cease to think at all; tho' the Soul is not therefore then annihilated, but exists all the while tho' it does not act; and may not this probably be the Case after Death? . . . . Now upon Death, and the Destruction of the Body, the Ideas contain'd in the Brain, (which are alone the Subjects of the Soul's Action) being then likewise necessarily destroy'd, the Soul, tho' incapable of Destruction itself, must then necessarily cease to think or act, having nothing left to think or act upon."

Better example is when a man fights nothing deep within for consciousness as being held in a cardiac arrest, it's terrifying to surrender a life to paramedics, defibrillator, adrenalin and prayers to revive a man back into consciousness. Survival rates in a cardiac arrest patient with asystole are much lower than a patient with a rhythm amenable to defibrillation. Out of hospital survival rates (even with emergency intervention) are less than 2 percent. More or less people coming out of such nothingness of near death, shares stories of nothingness, as all they saw and could remember, oblivion.

Greta Christina said, "When I believed in an afterlife, I always had a nagging, uncomfortable feeling in the back of my mind that my beliefs weren't based on anything substantial, that they weren't sincere beliefs so much as wishful thinking. Compared to my current conclusions -- that when we die, our consciousness will almost certainly disappear entirely -- I suppose those beliefs were more comforting. Or they would have been, if it hadn't been for my uneasy suspicion that they were bullshit."

No comments:

Post a Comment