Tuesday 8 May 2012

Anxiety


Experience of fear or apprehension in response to anticipated danger or stressful event accompanied by some or all of the following signs: muscle tension, restlessness, diarrhea, palpitation, rapid breathing, jitteriness, suspicion, confusion, decreased concentration, or fear of losing control. This abnormal reaction may be brief or long lasting, and in some patients the symptoms may go away and return repeatedly. This disorder is also known as anxiety disorder.

Symptoms:
Fear, apprehension, muscle tension, restlessness, diarrhea, palpitation, rapid breathing, jitteriness, hyper vigilance, confusion, decreased concentration, fear of losing control.

Treatment:
Therapy depends on the severity of symptoms. Treatment includes: benzodiazepines (diazepam Valium, lorazepam Ativan), antidepressant medications, psychological counseling, and psychological treatment such as cognitive-behavioral therapy.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long)
    so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your
    blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for inexperienced blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.
    Also visit my webpage - beautiful dresses

    ReplyDelete